[Techtalk] mpg123 error

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 00:50:11 EST 2001

Yes, all sound works other than mpg123, including kde media player. I have
tried mpg321 with the same result. I have also reinstalled mpg123 from the
.rpm.

I did find that while libao.so was installed, it was not in my path, so I
made a symlink to it. I then killed all instances of artsd (esd was not
running) and tried again: this time I got the first note or so of an mp3
repeated until I ctr-c'd it. It seems like it's really *trying* to work,
I'm just missing something that is interfering.

I prefer commandline options whenever possible, so I would rather not rely
on kde to play music. Also simplifies scheduling cron jobs involving music
: )

Thanks for any suggestions,

Raven