[Techtalk] need to specify the UART address

Andrew Wendt awendt at putergeek.com
Mon Aug 27 19:38:19 EST 2001

On August 27, 2001 18:05, Rajiv Saxena wrote:
> I am trying to bring up Linux on a board that has a
> 16550 UART chip.I need to know where I got to include
> the UART base address in the Linux kernel.Which file
> do I need to modify?

If you want to change what Linux thinks the base address of one of your
serial ports is, you can use the setserial command, like this:

setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x2E8 irq 3

The "uart" and "autoconfig" parameters might be interesting to you also.

As for what file you modify... Depends on your Linux distribution. Mine is
called /sbin/init.d/serial.

TTFN
Andy