[Techtalk] question around port filtering, etc.

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Thu Aug 23 19:10:39 EST 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:55:16AM -0700, Kai MacTane wrote:
> At 8/23/01 05:46 AM , Michelle Murrain wrote:
> >I've got high-speed internet access through a cable modem provider. For a
> >while, I was able to run a web server w/o any problem (using Dynamic DNS).
> >It is against their rules, but...

> If they're available in your area, consider getting Speakeasy's DSL
> service. I've been using them for about 18 months now, and am *very*
> satisfied. They have good prices; their residential package includes up to
> four static IPs at no extra charge; and their ToS explicitly _allows_
> running your own servers. Look at www.speakeasy.net and see if that's
> something you could use.

And I guess I'll be the third to recommend SpeakEasy. They're great.

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org
Washington DC Protests http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca

Microsoft expends a significant portion of its monopoly power ... on
imposing burdensome restrictions on its customers and inducing them to
behave in ways that augment and prolong that monopoly power...
	--Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson in the Microsoft antitrust trial