[Techtalk] RAM usage

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Tue Aug 14 06:48:20 EST 2001

I will be adding some extra RAM to my Linux system. Is there anyway at bootup
time or LILO boot options that will make optimal use of the RAM? The system
will have 192MB. Although quite a lot of user have more memory, it looks like
most memory is being used up. Is there anyway to flush the RAM of apps that
have been closed? Last but least, how can I use RAM disks for particular
applications (or is it a function of kernel only?)?

Any pointers or info appreciated.

TIA.
--

Subba Rao
subba9 at home.com
http://members.home.net/subba9/

GPG public key ID 27FC9217
Key fingerprint = 2B4C 498E 1860 5A2B 6570  5852 7527 882A 27FC 9217