[Techtalk] Book recommendations for extremely novice user?

Erica Sommer esommer at codonics.com
Mon Aug 13 10:35:18 EST 2001

A good friend just installed Mandrake at home, and was wondering if
there were any good books available for UNIX self-teaching, and
something for understanding Mandrake in particular.  I adore the
O'Reilly books, but I think she'll want something a bit more
handholding to get started.  She has almost no UNIX experience, but
she's bold and adventurous and all the rest.  Does anyone have
recommendations?

BTW: She says that the install was incredibly easy.  :)

Thanks,

-Erica

Erica Sommer     http://www.codonics.com/tech/
esommer at codonics.com, support at codonics.com