[techtalk] [OT] delayed delivery of mail from list?

Almut Behrens almut_behrens at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 12:03:36 EST 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 07:29:33PM +1000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> Almut Behrens wrote:
>
> > Since about July 28th, I keep getting mail from the lists delivered
> > with considerable and very irregular delays, typically >30min. -- the
> > longest delay so far was about 2 days.
>
> > AFAICT, the problem doesn't seem to be on my side (Yahoo). Test mails
> > from various places consistently arrive within seconds, and I'm also
> > not seing similar effects with other lists.
> >
> > Well, it's not a huge problem, it's just a bit irritating to get the
> > replies before the original question :)
>
> Which lists?

the old ones, linuxchix.org.

> If the problems are with linuxchix.org lists, there's nothing I can
> do. :( If they're with linuxchix.simegen.com lists, we can investigate
> it.

well, as it looks, you can't ... -- thanks anyway.

> Most likely, what's happening is that some of the posts are going to
> each list.

not sure... After becoming aware of the issue, I checked it against the
archives of the (old) lists, where all the messages neatly line up
(hours) before I see them in my box ;(   Some of them get delivered
within minutes, though -- strange...

I guess, I'll simply wait and see if the problem goes away by itself.
Sometimes, these things come and go as the weather. In the meantime I'll
check the archives before replying...

- Almut