[techtalk] More problems... and questions about the BSDs

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Mon Apr 30 13:36:35 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 02:13:15PM -0400, Michelle Murrain wrote:
> So, I'm stuck. I can't rebuild the database, or even open it. I'm not sure
> exactly what broke it - a new version of something in woody?
>
> Any solutions? Workarounds, etc.? I've only got about 2 days before mail
> starts to bounce.

When running Debian, the Bug Tracking System is your friend. :)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=94103&repeatmerged=yes

Looks like this is related to the libdb2 -> libdb3 upgrade path.  Try
updating your sources and upgrade to the latest version, there should be
a new one in place on the FTP server.
--
Aaron Malone (aaron at semo.net)
System Administrator                "We learn from history that we learn