[techtalk] What can cause a computer to turn off on its own?

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Fri Apr 27 18:44:07 EST 2001

Yeah, that might be the next step ...

Actually, the problems have gone away.  How?  I'm not really sure.

I figured the power supply was at fault and replaced it.  Unfortunately, the
problems returned about half an hour after installing the new PS.  However,
all day today it hasn't done it, even when the tape drive has been in
operation.  I'd like to think the new PS made the diff, but then why the
weirdness shortly after install?  I just hope the MB isn't on the fritz.

Jen