[techtalk] Backup strategy

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Wed Apr 25 15:15:57 EST 2001

Thanks to everyone who replied!

It turns out that the tape drive has issues ... the DOS diags from Seagate
had troubles with it, too.  Oh well. Teaches me to buy cheap stuff from eBay
... Hopefully I can get it fixed without it costing too much ...

Amanda definitely sounds great for a lot of machines, but I didn't look too
much into it because I have a pretty simple setup.  Maybe I should read a
bit more about it ... I also found that O'Reilly has a Unix backup book that
covers lots of stuff (including AMANDA). I might get that after I get the
basics going.

Jen