[techtalk] Backup strategy

Erin Clarke blue at web.net
Wed Apr 25 10:57:39 EST 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:07:12AM -0400, Erin Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 03:05:13PM -0700, jennyw wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest where I can go to find out more about backup strategies?
>
> I, personally, recommend a 'trip' to
> http://www.backupcentral.com/

Hmmm, they don't seem to have links to BRU or
the Arkeia product... and I can't find the
free version of BRU on the BRU site, only 30
day demos... the PE (Personal Edition) costs
$79 (US, I assume)...

Well, there's still Amanda...
http://www.amanda.org/

Though I've never used it, myself, so I can't
make any informed suggestions about its use.
It does seem to have a lot of online support
in the form of mailing lists and their
"FAQ-O-Matic" at SourceForge...
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html

Erin  8)