[techtalk] Samba Woes

email ccr1 at quickclic.net
Wed Apr 25 19:46:41 EST 2001

Hi everybody.

I've finally done it.  I've removed my Windows NT4 server and replaced it
with a Linux server.  Yay.

It currently handles all of my internet sharing and NAT, but I'm having
problems setting up Samba.

This machine will be acting as the server for a Workgroup at my home.  The
other machines on the workgroup are NT and 9x based windows machines, and
one other Linux machine.

The old configuration for Samba for some reason no longer works..  I'm not
sure why...  but I could really use a hand setting this machine up as the
fileserver.

I really don't want ot have to drop back to Windows NT4 server.

Thanks all

Lyric