[techtalk] pine and virtual domains

Makiko Itoh maki at prodok.ch
Tue Apr 24 06:50:07 EST 2001

Akkana and James, thanks for your advice!

Well this user seems to be truly paranoid. He doesn't have *any*
email client on his local computer, and checks all his mail via
another server in pine.

He's rapidly getting to be somewhat of an annoyance, since now he
wants to set up forwarding with a subject prefix with a procmail
script. (why didn't he tell me he wanted the mail to be forwarded
inthe first place?? grrrr) Now...I am not happy with this, for
various reasons (the primarily one is,this server hosts several sites
and 70+ users, and he's not even a primary account holder - basically
just a buddy of one of the primary account holders) and I've already
spent way too much time on complying to his requests. I can easily
set up forwarding for him with aliases, but I'm trying to find an
argument for not using procmail scripts. Are there any I could throw,
er,   communicate to him (something about security would be nice)
that would be a good argument for not setting up a procmail script
just for him?

Maki