[techtalk] Registering DNS servers

Eric R. Turner turnere at cc.wwu.edu
Mon Apr 9 18:26:43 EST 2001

You should have to supply the address of the DNS servers when you register
the domain name for which those servers are authoritative. If you have an
existing domain, and want to change the addresses of the DNS servers for
that domain (e.g. you will now run the DNS servers yourself instead of
using your ISP's DNS servers), then you need to alter your domain
registration information so that they have the new DNS server addresses.

Check out http://www.networksolutions.com

Regards,
Eric R. Turner

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Michelle Murrain wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm setting up some nameservers, and I understand that in order to use them,
> they need to be registered with internic as name servers. Does anyone know
> how to go about doing that procedure?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michelle
> --