[techtalk] tracking multiple admin logins?

Dennis Wheeler dennis.wheeler at pictureiq.com
Thu Apr 5 13:37:46 EST 2001

For our purposes, these machines are only being used internally by
development and QA teams. Everyone already has root access to them
anyway (until I replace it). So we're not concerned with hacking or
security issues.

I just need to know who's hand to slap with a wooden ruler when they
make changes that breaks something else, or forget to check in their
code changes into the source control database (we use Perforce, by the
way. An excellent tool).

I already have a list of IP addresses on my whiteboard, in case they're
still logged in, then I know who they are. Sudo looks to be a better
solution.

Thanks to all,
-- d