[techtalk] Any good HTML editors for Linux?

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at snafu.de
Tue Apr 3 19:38:01 EST 2001

On Tuesday 03 April 2001 19:18, Eva Fenrich wrote:
..
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 04:55:52PM +0200, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 April 2001 03:10, jennyw wrote:
> > > Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good HTML
> > > (non-WYSIWYG or WYSIWYG that supports non-WYSIWYG) for Linux?
..
> >      http://www.vim.org
>
> if you like to have more mouse support and other nice features try gvim...
>
> > Pro: vim is extremely fast - once have learned how to use the keyboard
>
> I personally like vim for everything....
> exspecially for latex, html and programing...
> with
>
> :syntax on
> :

This comment reminds me to a discussion about the "best" ;) editor to be
learned by a Linux newbie that showed up on grrltalk shortly before I
stopped reading those threads (due to time-shortage, *not* due to lack
of interest).

You may find a mail leading to additional information on vi and vim
in the archive:

    http://www.linuxchix.org/pipermail/grrltalk/2000-September/001808.html

Regards,

Karl-Heinz