[techtalk] Does there exist...?

Olivier Tharan olive at minet.net
Fri Sep 29 19:14:13 EST 2000

Le 28 septembre 2000 a 10:26, Lyta Alexander a écrit :
> or maybe start an X session inside of screen
> (can't say i've tried that though, just a guess)

I just tried this solution, but it halts on this error:

	$ startx

	X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
	xinit:  unexpected signal 2

Anyway, I am not sure that screen would be able to restore such a
context, it is just made to save some text sessions. In fact, the man
page describes screen(1) like this:

	Screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes  a
	physical  terminal  between  several  processes.

We are thus on the tty level here. Screen has many advantages, however,
but that was not the point of the question at first.

olive
--
		Olivier Tharan, <olive at minet.net>

Fermez les yeux et pressez sur ESC trois fois.