[techtalk] Help - glibc-update -> broken tcsh!

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Sat Sep 2 15:35:55 EST 2000

We are using RedHat 5.2 on my company's server, and AutoRPM for keeping
the packages updated. Last night glibc was updated to glibc-2.0.7-29.2,
and then tcsh (tcsh-6.07.09-1) stopped working! Whenever started, it
core-dumps. Of course a little unconvenient for my colleagues (esp. since
I am responsible for  AutoRPM here and the guy who is supposed to transfer
my money to the bank next week uses tcsh ;))...

Anyone having experienced the same problem and/or having a solution?
Heeeelp!!! ;)

Usually a downgrade of rpm works fine (with a little --force), is that
also valid for glibc? It's kind of...important...

Magni :)
--
ulimit is good for you.