[techtalk] rpm issues...

Walt pippin at fred.net
Fri Oct 27 13:46:01 EST 2000

I'm having some difficulty when attempting
to install the (I think) latest glibc rpm from
RedHat's site. It says:

only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM
error: glibc-2.1.92-14.i686.rpm cannot be installed

Any suggestions? I've tried updating RPM to
rpm-3.0.4-0.48, and that made no difference.
I attempted to upgrade to rpm-r.0-7x from the
rpm.org website, but it gives me the same "major
numbers" problem as above.

Thanks!
Walt

-~

Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing.
			          -- Dick Brandon