[techtalk] linux mirroring

-sjh- ruthia at sarth.com
Wed Oct 25 15:57:23 EST 2000

Not sure exactly what you meant about the dos stuff, but here's the easiest
way to copy a drive for use in an identical system without having to mess
with ghost.  Plug the blank drive in as hdb on the system you've got
running.  Format it.  Then, cat /dev/hda > /dev/hdb.  Of course, "this might
take awhile".... then pop it in your new machine and it should behave
exactly as the original system.

-Sally