[techtalk] last straw (was directory that is writable...)

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 23 16:42:25 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 23-Oct-100 Re: [techtalk] last straw (.. by
stephanie1200 at netscape.n
> I don't want to be bitchy or rtfm-y, I'd just like to point out that it's
> very important to do research.

So, what are they supposed to RTF?  A brand-newbie often just doesn't
know where the M is.  I also think it's important to do research.
Knowing where to look and what to look for (as well as when you're not
going to find it) is a valuable skill, but like any other skill, it
must be learned.  I'd been trying to help people learn how to research
in the techtalk faq, with stuff like how to find documentation, how to
read manpages, how to ask questions, etc.  The sourceforge project
page is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxchix-faqs/. I
encourage you (and anyone else) to contribute.