[techtalk] Mr. stinky face icon in my /home/guest folder

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca
Wed Oct 18 11:40:45 EST 2000

Hi Barbara,

A core file is simply the left over of a crashed program, or a program that
has terminated unexpectedly.  If Mr. Stinky Face offends you, you can
safely rm the guy and nothing bad will happen.  I would suspect what
happened was you had something running that you didn't exit before you
exited your desktop which could have produced this file.

Regards,

Phil