[techtalk] Re: mutt?

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Oct 16 11:49:17 EST 2000

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 08:33:16PM +1100 or thereabouts, Bek Oberin wrote:
> sara ruohotie wrote:
> > but anyway, i'll see if i can make the sysadmin to rebuilt mutt. and
> > meanwhile i'll be looking for an option on how to make mutt put
> > something else than '+' on a continued line. but anyway, thank you
>
> Oh, when you figure that one out will you tell me?  It drives
> me nuts.

>From /etc/Muttrc here, (this is now mutt-1.2, and I am struggling to
move my .muttrc from 1.0 to 1.2 with the minimum of change, so I
strongly sympathise on the "like it how it was" thing):

# set markers=yes
#
# Name: markers
# Type: boolean
# Default: yes
#
#
# Controls the display of wrapped lines in the internal pager. If set, a
# `+'' marker is displayed at the beginning of wrapped lines. Also see
# the `smart_wrap'' variable.

I'm pretty sure this is in Mutt 1.0 too.

Now then, I had a .muttrc for 1.0 which had tons of mailing lists.
I have sorted them out into the new 'lists/subscribe' thing for
1.2. I still get 'Invalid preceding regular expression' when I start
mutt and when I switch folders. I know my muttrc really needs tidying
and trimming, but this is nagging me. Did either "*" or "." change
its meaning in the change? Or do I have to redo all my folder-hooks?
(groan) I am getting bored of commenting out random combinations of a
muttrc that's several hundred lines long. :)

Telsa