[techtalk] StarOffice:It rings me

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca
Wed Oct 11 00:53:08 EST 2000

Hi Anton,

Congrats on your install.  As for the dot, this means current
directory.  For example ./soffice really means in my current directory
start the program following the ./

The . (dot) is not typically part of your PATH variable for security
reasons and therefore if you want to start a program in your current
directory you must precede the program name with a ./

As for gnome, I do not use it as I prefer kde instead.  Perhaps someone
else can help you with that one.

Regards,

Phil