[techtalk] Distribution problems

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Oct 10 10:18:17 EST 2000

Kath:
> BTW, I've done Debian net installs with one floppy diskette before, it was
> quite interesting :)

But is it possible to do a Debian net install _without_ any floppies
(and without CD etc) to a i386 box? I tend to never have any useable
floppies at home, but I have a 10Mbps connection to sunsite.uio.no and I
have bunches of boxes which can run tftpd or ftpd or whatever is needed.
I assume floppy-less install is possible with sparc, but what about plain
i386-hardware?

(I know I can install from an available partition on my box, but as I
want to use all the disk (2GB) for /, /usr and swap that's not a real
option either.)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.