[techtalk] RE: backup newbie

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at imagedog.com
Wed Nov 29 10:26:39 EST 2000

I don't know much about Arkeia, but a quick note: unless you're really
hard-up for tapes, or just have disgusting amounts of data to backup, I
would go with differentials instead of incrementals.  Who wants to have to
juggle 7 tapes if the server goes kaplowee on saturday and your full backups
happen on sunday? :(

But these are just comments from a somewhat inexperienced backup admin...

-Brian
Brian J. Sweeney
Systems Admin, imagedog.com
email: bsweeney at imagedog.com