[techtalk] Problem in bringing up ethernet card

arindamc at linuxfreemail.com arindamc at linuxfreemail.com
Tue Nov 28 22:42:26 EST 2000

Hi all,

       I am using linux-2.2.14-12. I have three ethernet cards
       installed in my machine(eth0,eth1,eth2). At the time of
       booting up it shows:

          Bringing up interface eth0   [OK]
          Bringing up interface eth1
       and at this point it halts forever. I have to restart
       it again using the restart button(ctrl-alt-del doesn't work).
       This time it is ok. It brings up all the cards. Sometimes
        the machine halts at eth2!! and sometimes i have to continue
      the process of restarting three or four times!!!
      My cards are working properly.
      Any soluton?

arindam C.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!