[techtalk] Re: Technical issues (was Re: [grrltalk] "Confrontational" postings)

Mary Gardiner mary at creative.net.au
Wed Nov 22 09:51:08 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 01:06:06PM +0000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> I'd say free of all known bugs - who would willingly, knowingly, release
> buggy software as anything other than an alpha or a beta release?
> (ok, ok. What /sane/ entity?)
>
> And not just free of known bugs, but tested well.

Well I think Linux kernel is declared stable when there are no
*showstoppers* - I don't know about no *bugs*. But I'm sure there are
people on this list who follow linux development a bit more closely than I
do (says she running kernel 2.2.14).

I know games tend to be buggy on release, but this can be ascribed to a
hardware thing - they can't do extensive QA on hundreds of thousands of
different hardware configurations.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner