[techtalk] can't compile ncurses blue.c

Marisa Mack marisa at teleport.com
Tue Nov 14 21:23:45 EST 2000

it seems like maybe you are missing a link...

/usr/include/asm should be a link to /usr/src/linux/include/asm

which will then link to asm-(arch) in the same dir. you can check
the links by doing an "ls -l" of /usr/include/asm. you shouldn't
have to move any of the include files into the dir you are compiling
from, as they should always be checking /usr/include for them.

/usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h merely includes asm/sigcontext.h...
which means it's looking for /usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h thus
the issue with the link mentioned above.

i hope this helps, i sometimes have a hard time putting thoughts
into text :) let me know if it's not this, we'll try something
else, perhaps random blind guesses as to what it might be :) those
are always fun :)

-marisa

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 09:30:28PM -0600, x.y.f graced me with:

--

"On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
 -everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS."