[techtalk] clock issues??

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:35:42 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Nov-100 [techtalk] clock issues?? by Walt at fred.net
> ... every time I reboot my system (I was *attempting a rh7.0 upgrade
> *sigh* =96 pointless) it resets the clock to an hour
> ahead. (daylight time instead of standard time)

Is your hardware clock set to local time or GMT?
(for debain, look in /default/rcS and see if it says UTC=no or UTC=yes)

What is your timezone set to?
(for debian, look at the /etc/localtime symlink (ls -l /etc/localtime))

Some of the time zones have daylight savings information (such as
US/Eastern or America/New_York) and some do not (such as EST).