[techtalk] ejecting the #$%#$! cdrom

moebius at ip-solutions.net moebius at ip-solutions.net
Tue May 30 08:35:13 EST 2000

Hey Samantha,
  Does Gnome automount the CD? If so then "device busy" would be
appropriate. Does this happen in command line only? You can check in Gnome
to see if it's mounted by opening up an xterm and typing the command
'mount'. That will show you all the filesystems that are currently
mounted. Your cd will probably appear as something like "/mnt/cdrom
/dev/hdb"
HTH,

Harry Hoffman
Manager - Information Technology