[techtalk] In need of ideas to solve install problems

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Sun May 21 13:54:55 EST 2000

glen wrote:

> I am a linux newbie, and I need to be able to get files from the internet
> to fix some problems. How do I download stuff from the command line (or
> can I)? How do I install a new version of Xfree86? Basically the problems
> I am having (among other which are keeping me from these fixes) are on the
> following page (although I have a slightly different model. Any
> suggestions are welcome.

It depends partly on which flavour of Linux you're using.

In debian, you can download stuff with 'apt-get'.
In all flavours, you can use lynx (which someone else mentioned) or
ftp. (ncftp is my favourite).

There's lots of ways.

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn