[techtalk] downloading from the command line...

glen grice at rocketmail.com
Sat May 20 15:07:56 EST 2000

I am a linux newbie, and I need to be able to get files from the internet
to fix some problems. How do I download stuff from the command line (or
can I)? How do I install a new version of Xfree86? Basically the problems
I am having (among other which are keeping me from these fixes) are on the
following page (although I have a slightly different model. Any
suggestions are welcome.
Glen
http://collective.cpoint.net/unix/laptops/satellite2595xdvd/