[techtalk] using gnome-icons ??

Ingrid Schupbach ingrid at miranda.org
Sat May 20 08:33:20 EST 2000

Hi.

Under GPL, you ought to be able to use the icons, so long as you make sure
to give credit where credit is due.  Find out from the gnome website who's
responsible for designing the icons, if you can, and give them credit.  If
you can't determine a specific person, give credit to the gnome projects
as a whole.  Also, if you modify the icons in anyway, you have to clearly
state that on the website, too, along with the credit to the original
creator.  Finally, to really live up the to the spirit of gnu, you
probably should create a nifty icon or two of your own to contribute back
to the gnome project.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there are people out there who would disagree with
what I've said here.  If there's one thing everyone is sure about, it's
that everyone has a different interpretation of the GPL.  :(

Ingrid