[techtalk] Issues making Apache

Christian MacAuley jellhead at jellspace.net
Fri May 19 16:11:38 EST 2000

Hi everyone!

Due a recent policy shift at the web hosting company i work for, i have to
switch my whole FreeBSD/Apache website over to Solaris Sparc 2.6.  Now i'm
having trouble making Apache with the all the modules i need.

The module i *really* need is mod_so, which will allow me to start new
modules without remaking Apache.  Unfortunately, i've been unable to build
it into Apache.

Aparently, all i have to do is add the following line into my Configuration
file:
AddModule modules/standard/mod_so.o

Unfortunately, modules/standard/mod_so.o doesn't exist.  The file is
mod_so.c.  Do i need to compile this to mod_so.o?

I'm totally new to Solaris, and fairly new to compiling my own stuff, so i'm
pretty lost.  Can anyone help (please)?

Thanks muchly!

~Christian