[techtalk] heads-up: M$ (e-mail) virus making rounds.

Stacie Turner sturner at MRA-NET.ORG
Thu May 4 10:08:32 EST 2000

Unfortunately some of us are not so lucky to work in a place that considers
non-MS products.  Where I am the IT decisions seem to be made on the basis
of "name recognition".  Right now I am preaching the values of the OpenBSD
firewall, but I live in fear of the MSProxy server that is coming my way.

Stacie Turner
Technology Coordinator
Marketing Research Association
(860) 257-4008
http://www.mra-net.org
sturner at mra-net.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Konzack [mailto:starone at cybercable.fr]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 10:42 AM
To: Andrew Plumb; Ottawa-Carleton Linux Users Group
Cc: techtalk at linuxchix.org
Subject: Re: [techtalk] heads-up: M$ (e-mail) virus making rounds.

I give it a tired smile...

I am using popmail (dos), pine (dos, wfw, linux) and eudora (wfw).
Who need 32 Bit from Micros~1 if there is Linux availlable.

Michelle

At 09:18 04.05.2000 -0400, Andrew Plumb you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:
>Hi All,
>
>Just a quick heads-up to anyone out there that might actually be doing
>e-mail on a Windows machine, or maintaining Windows machines that receive
>e-mail.  There's a new virus making the rounds with the subject "I LOVE
>YOU"; it has a vbs script attached to that does, among other things,
>self-propagation when opened/activated.
>
>Naturally, Linux end-users need not concern themselves with this. :-)
>
>Andrew.

--------> The Reply begins not here, it is at the beginning ^
Linux rebootet man in drei Fällen:
Neuer Kernel, neue (Board-)Hardware, Stromausfall....

Aber Windows rebootet man auch in drei Fällen:
Schutzverletzung, Bluescreen, keinen Bock...