[techtalk] IPCHAINS

Nancy Corbett ncorbett at halcyon.com
Thu Mar 2 16:27:36 EST 2000

> I know my husband's company filters using Squid and code they've written
> themselves, I'm not sure whether Squid has filtering capacity on it's own,
> though.
>
> I *know* it can be coded on. I just don't know if it does it.

Jenn,

I've worked with Squid in the past and it is pretty nifty.  Its primarily
a caching software.  I believe you have to tweek the code to get it to
filter.  The company I worked for used it for filtering and it worked
great.  Not only that, but it's free source code, so the price is right.

I believe their web site is:

			http://www.squid.org

Nancy