[techtalk] IPCHAINS

Sriram-HO sriramv at ho.hclcomnet.co.in
Thu Mar 2 17:48:10 EST 2000

Jenn

I have a project to complete. In the site we have implemented Checkpoint
Firewall 1 ver 4.1 on a NT box. On the other NT box we have Trend Enterprise
CVP server. Now the site runs IIS on the NT which also runs Check point.
They have a Linux box there which runs squid for corporate and dept. access.
Though people use checkpoint box as their gateway, for clients only Linux
exists and this forwards all the requests to checkpoint. I should be in a
position to put some kind of product such as websense. Once I have something
like websense for Linux, I can map this websense like product which runs on
Linux from the Checkpoint box for any outbound connection and do the
filtering at that point.

Cheers
Sriram