[techtalk] cgi - mail question

Christian MacAuley jellhead at jellspace.net
Fri Jun 30 00:47:39 EST 2000

> this is slightly un-linux, but i'm teaching a web prog course, and the
> school uses micro$oft personal web server as their web server for the
> students to learn on. i've simulated that environment (blah) at home to
test
> some cgi scripts in perl that i'd like to use for the class.

Hi, Shelley.  I'd guess that the Personal Webserver doesn't know what to do
with your mail subroutine, as coder suggested.  (are we going to start
referring to everyone by their generic titles?  Please call me now
`web_dvlpr'.  Thank you.)  I guess it's a totally different story when it
comes to code written for educational purposes, but i would send form data
using CGI.pm and Mail::Mailer (yep, i'm lazy).  You may want to try this on
a different server, such as Apache (i love Apache), to check for possible
issues with Personal Webserver.

~Christian