[techtalk] Netscape

Christian MacAuley jellhead at jellspace.net
Mon Jun 26 17:28:19 EST 2000

> In Netscape, when I go to certain pages, it (Netscape) goes *poof*
(shuts
> down).  I don't begin to know where to look to figure out why.  All
my
> settings are default settings, except that I enlarged the font size.
Any ideas,
> anyone?

When Netscape crashes, be sure to kill all of it's processes.  Usually
when my Netscape did this it left 3 or 4 child processes running and
consumed 99-100% of my system resources until i got to an xterm to
kill them.  Ick.

Now i use Mozilla, which is not only open source but compliant with
the World Wide Web consortion's standards.

http://www.mozilla.org

~Christian