[techtalk] Palm Pilot software and older tcl/tk libraries

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 26 23:25:46 EST 2000

Carolyn Jarie Getter:
> Just for fun, I am test driving for a few days a friend's Palm IIIx.  I'd really
> like to see if I can't get it up and running and cooperating with Linux.
> When I tried to install the software for it (hope you're not wanting the
> specifics, as I'm too lazy to track them down), it hollered that I needed
> assorted libraries for tcl and tk.  The libraries it wants are libraries that
> are to versions older than the tcl and tk currently on my disk.  Is there a
> solution to this other than downloading copies of old tcl and tk libraries?

Depend on what you want. I don't want the graphical annoyances, so I use
pilot-link, which I installed as an RPM on my RH 5.2 box. I guess you'll
find it after a quick Google/ftpsearch-search (my Netscape just crashed
(surprise!) so I don't wanna crawl through my bookmarks now. After all
it's almost 11.30pm, so I'd better get som sleep or something.).

I think there is also a Gnom/KDE-interface to it, but I have now idea
about if it provides any more functionallity.

Does anyone know programs (Gnome/KDE/graphical/non-graphical) that can
communicate with my addressbook or diary on the palm, like I see they
are doing with some windows-apps? (No, I haven't really used both my
'puter and my palm, I've just used my Palm for games, diary and
addresses, and my computer for "the rest".)

Magni :)
--
ulimit is good for you.