[techtalk] Palm Pilot software and older tcl/tk libraries

Carolyn Jarie Getter cgetter at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Jun 26 16:56:40 EST 2000

Since you were all so wonderfully helpful on the "Netscape goes *poof*"
problem, ....  :)

Just for fun, I am test driving for a few days a friend's Palm IIIx.  I'd really
like to see if I can't get it up and running and cooperating with Linux.
When I tried to install the software for it (hope you're not wanting the
specifics, as I'm too lazy to track them down), it hollered that I needed
assorted libraries for tcl and tk.  The libraries it wants are libraries that
are to versions older than the tcl and tk currently on my disk.  Is there a
solution to this other than downloading copies of old tcl and tk libraries?

Carolyn