[techtalk] Re: Solaris DBM files - .pag and .dir extensions?

eito eito at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Jun 22 15:56:37 EST 2000

Hi,

Solaris's default db library is NDBM. It creates two files as
you saw. (I believe .dir is index, and .pag is data).
FreeBSD's or (any *BSD) default db is Berkley DB, and it uses
only one file.

If you don't want to have two files, you can install Berkely
DB2 (or 3) from SleepyCat Software (http://www.sleepycat.com).
(and you have to re-build apache, too)

Hope this helps,

:eito