[techtalk] loadlin and 96mb ram

Bilal Muddassir bilalmuddassir at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:03:51 EST 2000

> > Out of curiosity, where is the linux.par file?  I don't have that
>anywhere
> > on my system. =)
>
>So do I 'cause I don't have loadlin installed. ;-) It's a file containing
>some boot parameters for the linux kernel (therefore the suffix "par").

umm so it is as easy as making a linux.par file in the C:\LINUX directory
where my LOADLIN.EXE and BZIMAGE kernel image is stored?

I guess not. Umm let me reshuffle the doc pages of loadlin.

:)) take care

PS: By the way, the Slackware 7.0 default everything-install resulted in a
very very slow PPP link. What might be the problem? Or else how should I
proceed in order to make it faster. Like on my external 56k USR I only get
400b/s on average. Recompiling a customized kernel did not solve the
problem. Grr