[techtalk] don't beat me up(:

Clair Mooza csmooza at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 18 14:00:09 EST 2000

Sounds like they are just using the proxy and not the firewall to restrict
access to the web if you have some access to the web and you could surf
before the proxy server was installed.  I could be wrong though.  You said
you were using
Microsoft.  That's easy.  Just go to tools (depending on which Windows
version but
all of the following is the same) and then internet options, connections,
LAN settings, and make sure the "use a proxy service" box is unchecked.  You
could at least try this to start, then if it doesn't work then it is set up
on the firewall, and I don't know any way other than cracking the password
to get into that to make changes.

-Clair