[techtalk] don't beat me up(:

Helena Verrill verrill at math.ku.dk
Sun Jun 18 16:03:13 EST 2000

I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but
if you still have email access where you work,
can't you use that to access the web?  Or do
the security measures or whatever prevent that too?

There's a web page at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet-services/access-via-email/
explaining how to get the the internet from email, and
a page at
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1236/servers.html
listing lots of servers you can use.

Eg, I just tried "grabpage.com" - they have a web page at
http://www.grabpage.com/
about how to use them, which is pretty simple.
All you do is send an email to
page at grabpage.com
and the subject line should be e.g.,
or
HTML: http://www.blahblahwhatever.com
depending on whether you want the html code in or not.
Then grabpage will send you back the web page text.

Maybe you can use this to get to the web?

Helena