[techtalk] Compaq Presario 1240

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca
Thu Jun 8 00:58:32 EST 2000

Hi All,

This laptop comes with a touch pad that is recognized in Mandrake
6.1.  This is also a dual boot machine w/win98.  It has a ps/2 port for an
external mouse but if I use a mouse in windows the pad is disabled
automatically, in Linux the pad *and* the mouse works simultaneously. Would
anyone know where in Mandrake I could disable the touch pad?  It is
extremely sensitive and is driving me nuts by placing the cursor all over
the place if any of my fingers even hover close to the thing.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Phil