[techtalk] know of a linux-friendly isp in la?

Julie Meloni julie at thickbook.com
Wed Jun 7 15:09:32 EST 2000

I'm in Northern CA, not Southern CA, but I've never had a problem with
Linux -> Earthlink.  There's a smidge about Linux connectivity on the
Earthlink customer service/help stuff, and there are enough Linux ->
Earthlink users that the CNET "Linux Help" message boards are full of
"how do I connect to Earthlink using X Y or Z" questions...WITH answers!
:) Always a plus.

When I dialup to Earthlink, it's either on my Slackware-runnin'
ThinkPad, or my desktop system that runs the Corel version of Linux.
Completely different modems and dial utilities on the two boxes, but
Earthlink's login sequence is nice and standardized, so it works like a
charm.

Hope that helps....

- julie

| Julie Meloni                                   |
| Tech. Director, i2i Interactive (www.i2ii.com) |
| e-mail: jcm at i2ii.com                           |
| "PHP Essentials" ... http://www.thickbook.com/ |