[techtalk] friendly html/php editor on linux?

Caitlyn Máire Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Tue Jun 6 12:50:12 EST 2000

Hi, Maria,

> > Here's a
> > question:  I like to code in Allaire's HomeSite b/c of all the nice
color
> > coded tags (it recognizes php, perl, javascript and other stuff) and
other
> > ease-of-use features.  But my development platform is php/apache/mysql.
> > Does anyone know of a similar type editor for linux?

Webmaker is pretty good, though it doesn't have quite the feature set of
HomeSite.  It's what I use for my web editing, though I think that's about
to change, as it's more than a bit behind the times.  Other ones which are
perhaps a bit more advanced, and have more current development are Bluefish
and Screem.

Here are the home pages for each:

WebMaker:  http://www.services.ru/linux/webmaker/
Screem:  http://www.screem.org