[techtalk] Kleopatra -- what replaces kmenuedit?

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Fri Jul 28 17:39:54 EST 2000

Hi, Nicole,

> More importantly (to me anyhoo!) is... do you have to run ALL of KDE to
> run it? (I guess it's status on word docs is up there, too)

Yes, you have to run pretty much most all of KDE 2.0, which is bigger tha=
n=20
KDE 1.x.  No KDE 2, no KOffice.  Yes, there is an MS Word filter, which I=
=20
haven't really put to the test yet.

> I'm pretty happy with staroffice, but if there's something lighter and
> meaner that doesn't require a lot of disk space (I don't have the disk =
> install KDE, staroffice is on my fat partition, unfortunately), I'm all
> ears.

The office suite itself is smaller, faster, lighter, and is feature rich,=
=20
but you need disk space.  It won't even run with KDE 1.x.

Regards,
Caity

--=20
Caitlyn M=E1ire Martin
caitlyn at netferrets.net
http://www.caitys-world.com

This e-mail was written on and sent with a Microsoft-free computer system.