[techtalk] LI error and getting back into Linux....

Eva Fenrich eva at faveve.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jul 21 08:55:58 EST 2000

Hi!
On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 09:34:41PM -0700, Megan McGuire wrote:
> I just installed Mandrake 7.1 and it loaded and everything but when it
> restarted my puter it gave me an LI so I just used a dos startup disk and
> did fdisk \mbr so I got back into windows is there any way I can get into
> linux now?
Boot from a linux rescue disk and mount your local filesystem then
you can try to install lilo again (it might be that your linux
partition is over the 1024 cylinder limit so you cannot boot from it)
You can find a rescue disk system at   http://www.toms.net/rb/
the tomsrtbt. With this you might be able to start your linux system
again.
Regards,
Eva
Eva Fenrich